KOMA SEAPAC SERVICES™’ or KOMA™ was formed in 1988 originally to correctly promote the spread of genuine Korean Martial Arts in South East Asia. These traditional Arts are specifically TaeKwonDo ChungDoKwan™ (TKD CDK) and HapKiDo SungMooKwan™ (HKD SMK). KOMA™ is registered with the Malaysian Registrar of Business or ROB (#000878473-V).
Since 1991 KOMA™ has further developed into a Center of Research and Development for Military (MIL), Counter Terrorism (CT) and Law Enforcement (LE) Tactical Combat training via its Tactical arm, AWASS™ or Advanced Warfare and Security Solutions™.
Our primary focus is on the creation, innovation, development and turnkey implementation of various internationally benchmarked tactical combat training programs. These programs orbit personal security applications in various modes, e.g. MIL and LE Close Quarter Combat (CQC) and Close Quarter Battle (CQB) modules as well as several civilian self defense modules. The civilian modules continue to promote the 2 respected systems above. The MIL and LE modules promote TukKong MooSool (ROKA SF CQC) and Pekiti Tersia Kali (PTK).
KOMA™ (and following up, AWASS™) has established itself as a leading Center of Excellence over the years by being honored by various blue letter endorsements:
1. Representative of various elite ROK Martial Art Associations:
* Korea KiDo Hwe;
* Korea TaeKwonDo ChungDoKwan;
* Korea HapKiDo SungMooKwan;
* Korea HapKiDo Association and Federation;
* Korea World TukKong.
2. Member of various MIL Associations:
* US 75th Ranger Regiment;
* American Airborne;
* US Airborne Pathfinders;
* US National Infantrymen;
* ROKA SF 707th Special Missions Battalion.
3. Member of various leading LE and Anti Terrorism Associations:
* International Counter-Terrorism Officers Association;
* International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association;
* International Association for Counterterrorism and Security Professionals;
* US First Responders Association;
* US Counter Terrorism Task Force;
* Airborne Law Enforcement;
* ASIS International;
* International Association of Emergency Managers;
* International Corrections and Prisons.
4. Endorsed by the following Malaysian Government Ministries and Departments:
* Ministry of Defense (MinDef);
* Ministry of Finance (MOF);
* Ministry of Higher Education;
* Ministry of Women, Families and Communities Development;
* National Security Council (MKN)
* Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM);
* Malaysian Islamic Development Board (JAKIM).
5. Registered in 2009 with the MOF as the only official “Contractor” for MI, CT and LE Tactical Combat training (certificate #285499; registration no: #357-02119740). This role has been handed over to AWASS in 2010.
6. Endorsed by JAKIM by having Islamic or Shariah Law compliant programs (a world’s first and only to date).
7. Official platform designer and provider for the current Royal Malaysian Armed Forces Unarmed Combat training Program (Tempur Tanpa Senjata or TTS).
8. Involved in training the (disbanded) elite para-military Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) Field Force (PPH) in H2H combat.
9. Providing the only known invited foreign CQC Instructor for elite pre-deploying combat US Army units (2001-2007).
We have also made the following official program proposals:
1. Proponent of several key MIL initiatives for the RMAF: Joint Special Operations Command; Nuclear Emergency Search Team; Light Unmanned Airborne Vehicles (Recon).
2. Proposer, Defensive Tactical Baton Program for the PDRM (2006) with links to the ROK Metropolitan Police.
3. Proposer, Aircrew Defensive Empowerment Program to both Malaysian national Airlines (MAS, 2006; Air Asia, 2007).